Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In Progress: Untitled 2 & 3 (shoes)

"Untitled 2 (shoes)"
24"H by 24"W, on canvas. 
(click for enlargement) 

"Untitled 3 (shoes)"
48"H by 48"W, on panel. 
(click for enlargement)

I wanted to play catch-up with these paintings, to get them to the same level as the first painting of the shoes. Of course, the first painting benefited from having a pthalo-greenish wash before I painted the subject at all. Once these three shoe paintings are of the same quality, I can then begin to pick out batches of shoes to detail and finish; all the red shoes at once, all the gold at once, all the black, etc.

The biggest dilemma is that I don't really know what to call these pieces. I have ideas about the titles, but I really want to make sure it fits just right so I'm holding off. In cases like this, I'll often write a prospective title repeatedly on a piece of paper and examine it. If I still feel satisfied after twenty times or so, the title will probably stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment