Friday, May 7, 2010

Product

"Magnolia"
7"H by 5"W, on panel. 
(click for enlargement) 

"Granny Smith Apple"
6"H by 4"W, on panel. 
(click for enlargement) 

Been preparing for a trip to visit some family in Mississippi and driving myself a little crazy by painting every day. I'm actually happy to report that these two paintings took less than three hours each. I'm getting a lot faster with painting things that are right in front of me, which is great news. I stil get bogged down with questions of color in some items- reflected light is particularally hard to get right for whatever reason, but so far "faking it" seems to work pretty well.

I have some other paintings in progress to show, but the photos are very bad so I'll need to re-shoot the things in better lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment