Sunday, July 18, 2010

State Fair Visit


Here's me with Garbage. I like this painting, but me being fond of it doesn't excuse the fact that it feels like a much weaker painting than the ones I'm working on these days.



Tumult seems settled now that it's framed. If it is sold, I may cry a little before using the cash to fix my decrepit truck.


Both paintings won Awards of Merit, and the ribbons are some of the most lavish award rosettes I've ever seen. The State Fairgrounds is enormous and I saw perhaps half of it before deciding that it was just too hot to continue. The Fine Art building is housing some incredible works of art, and I feel like my paintings are in excellent company.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the ribbons Lydia, well deserved. Nice to see the human scale with you next to the paintings. Kitchen sink is looking good, and who wouldn't love that title?

    Hope you get that old truck running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paintings aren't as small as they might look, I'm six feet tall. I'm thinking about renaming the next panorama "Gulf" but I'm not yet sure. Sometimes the name changes as it goes along.

    The truck "runs" just fine for in-town stuff, but I feel a little bit like I'm riding my grandfather around if I go any further.

    ReplyDelete